Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My brain must be broken.

I find inspiration in the strangest places. I later try to explain my mini-epiphany to someone around me, and I get the whole, "you are making zero sense right now" look- Every time. I have thus resorted to keeping my less than normal thoughts to myself. Today, I decided I would try and write one down, and see if it makes any more sense than when I attempt to verbally explain them to someone.

One I have had lately has been about the stars and the way that people take them for granted. The sky absolutely baffles me, and every time I look at it, I am amazed. Whether it is day or night, the sky is basically the equivalent to the most gorgeous painting I have ever had the opportunity to look at. I was driving a few days ago in the middle of the day, and I started thinking about the sky- as I often do. I started thinking about the stars and how they are always there, but we never seem to think about or realize that because they aren't completely obvious. This simple thought, "the stars are always there, but we don't think about it because we can't always see them" catapulted my brain into overdrive.
*(I wish I could explain the way that these thoughts take hold of me, but the best I can do is: it feels like one thought laces itself into another in rapid-fire succession...and about 30 seconds later I am left wondering what the heck just happened)* 

I started thinking about how many other things we do this with. The thought quickly turned from the brilliance of the sky, to the basic social problem of people taking everything around them for granted. We all forget things that aren't right in front of our face...even the things that have always been there. This brought me to thinking about all of the little constants in my life that I don't parade around my mind often enough, and I started wondering what it would be like if those constants weren't there. I considered how different my life would be, how much would change, and how lucky I am to have those things, but yet I still push them to the back of my mind.

So, to whoever reads this- even if it's just a few of you- I challenge you to sit and consider the things that have never failed you in life. Whether it be the stars, God, your favorite shampoo, your parents, your love, or your pet fish...take some time to give them a little time in the forefront of your life. No matter how insignificant or how giant, they deserve it.

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Ilove you Sara....Thanks for being constant like the stars. I love you bigger than the sky

    ReplyDelete